Monday, September 21, 2009

Lecture Brief: Janet Koplos


I thought the lecture on Thursday night was excellent. Janet Koplos was very well spoken and you could see how interested she was in her topic of artwork that had a long process. The pieces shown were beautiful and I got a bigger picture of artists I had never heard of. Some of the highlights from the lecture included Koplos stating that the process of creating a piece can be just as beautiful as the finished look. This was something that I completely connected with because I think development is one of the steps that shows where your complete thoughts are. Process and research are steps that I really believe in with my work because it aids the concept. Composition and overall design needs to be put on the back burner until all the elements are thought out. Who knows that in the middle of doing the process and research you may find a new way to present your work that no one has seen. My major problem with the lecture though were some of the students who apparently didn't understand that a speaker was up front. I hate when people are rude especially to someone with knowledge of artwork I have never seen or experienced.

Favorite Artists From Lecture:

Yoshihiro Suda
Tom Friedman
Tara Donovan
Roman Opalka
Anne Wilson
Tim Hawkinson
Aeneas Wilder

No comments:

Post a Comment