Thursday, November 5, 2009

MASTER CLASS! - BILL PLYMPTON


I was super excited to see Bill Plympton and have a master class with him. I grew up with seeing his illustrations and animations thanks to my older brother. I loved his master class because seeing his process was really enlightening. I can't say enough that his style is just so prominent with the sketchiness that I would hate to see it fully rendered out "Disneyesque". After the lecture he gave me some valuable insight on who he was before becoming an animator. He told me that he started out as a graphic designer to help support himself and it launched into an animation career because of his love for drawing. If you work hard enough for your dream it will come true in some fashion. I admire that honesty because most artists would sugar coat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment